What is gastritis?
Gastritis is a general term for inflammation of stomach lining. It can be caused by bacterial infection in the stomach, constant use of pain relievers (aspirin & ibuprofen), or consume too much alcohol. In some cases, it can be the result of starving, spicy foods, and food allergic reactions.
What are the symptoms of gastritis?
The symptoms of gastritis includes:
- Aching, pain, gnawing feeling on upper abdomen (area above navel)
- Feeling full or gassy after eating
What are the causes of gastritis?
- Gastritis is usually can caused by any of the following:
- H. pylori bacterial infection
- Excessive use of drug or alcohol or smoking
- Regularly taking aspirin, ibuprofen or other painkillers classed as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- A stressful event – such as a bad injury or critical illness, or major surgery
- less commonly
- An autoimmune reaction – when the immune system mistakenly attacks the body’s own cells and tissues (in this case, the stomach lining)
How to manage gastritis
Recent researches found that probiotics, especially lactic acid producing probiotics are able to alleviate and improve gastritis and its symptoms. It can also help in recovering H. pylori induced gastritis. Hence, with YourGutt Instant Probiotic, it contains prebiotic, probiotic, and postbiotic to replenish your gut microbiota in no time!